Learning from Leaders
One of Young Leaders of Notre Dame's flagship programs, Learning from Leaders offers young working professionals and faculty members the opportunity to connect with and seek advice from senior University leaders.
At each event, several YLND members meet with a key figure at Notre Dame to hear about their career journey and ask questions about professional development, life at Notre Dame, and more.
Click here to view our Spring 2019 Learning From Leaders sessions.
Why attend Learning from Leaders?
Mary de Villiers
associate director, international admissions
"The most helpful piece of advice from our meeting with a University leader was how to find life/work balance, as many of us feel that our work at Notre Dame is a calling and not just a job. Our featured speaker gave us useful ideas on managing work and personal responsibilities, and her insights were both inspiring and affirming.
"Since that conversation, I have found myself feeling more confident in the way I approach my work schedule and in the way I encourage colleagues to approach their own life/work balance."
communications specialist, Notre Dame Research
"Our featured speaker shared insights and anecdotes that arose out of the challenges and opportunities she encountered and how those experiences have shaped her into an effective leader. While she told a number of stories, the moral of one that I hold onto still was the importance of malleability and humility, especially for leaders — sometimes leaders need to reassess the course their team is on and, utilizing the skills and knowledge they have futrher developed along the way, set their team's coordinates toward a new destination.
"In order to excel as leaders, we must have the wherewithal to assess what we do and how we do it as well as the courage and humility to adjust when necessity or opportunity calls."
Past featured leaders
- David Bailey, vice president of strategic planning
- Matthew Blazejewski, director of talent acquisition
- Paul Browne, vice president for public affairs and communications
- Laura Carlson, vice president, associate provost, and dean of the Graduate School
- Marianne Corr, vice president and general counsel
- Ann Firth, chief of staff to the president
- Rob Kelly, associate athletics director
- Micki Kidder, associate vice president and executive director of development
- Ron Kraemer, vice president and chief information officer
- Linda Kroll, associate vice president of budget and finance
- Katherine Lane, senior director of donor engagement
- Eric Love, director of staff diversity and inclusion
- Scott Malpass, vice president and chief investment officer
- Jen McAward, director of the Center for Civil and Human Rights
- Fr. Pete McCormick, director of Campus Ministry
- Karrah Miller, director, Office of Institutional Equity
- Sarah Misener, associate vice president of campus services
- Iris Outlaw, director of Multicultural Student Programs & Services
- Bryan Ritchie, vice president and associate provost for innovation
- John Sejdinaj, vice president of finance
- Tim Sexton, associate vice president for public affairs
- Keri Kei Shibata, Notre Dame Security Police chief
- Dan Skendzel, executive director of ND Studios
- Pamela Nolan Young, director for academic diversity and inclusion